Monday, March 4, 2013

#10 Share Breakfast

 

My day usually starts out with watching Good Morning America while eating breakfast. This morning they had Taye Diggs (Rent or Private Practice, anyone?) on to talk about his collaboration with Kellogg's and Got Milk to provide breakfast to children in need. He said all you had to do was go to the Kellogg's website and share, tweet, whatever their story. I Googled "Share Breakfast" and it was the first option available. It really was super simple and took me two minutes to do. If a child really gets a breakfast that otherwise would not have had one, it is WAY worth it! Since I have my normal FB page and my Goal: Fit 4 Life FB page (which you should "like" if you haven't already ;)), I shared it twice to help two kids. I think I'm going to look into how many times someone can share it, so if you're friends with me on FB an you're annoyed by it, get over yourself because I'm trying to help people. :)

Here are some statistics posted on the Share Breakfast website:

*With breakfast absences and tardiness usually decreases.

*When a child's tummy is full, they are generally more focused in school.

*With more energy from food, physical activity is increased.

*A full stomach can improve moods and make time spent as a family more enjoyable.

Here's where you go to help a child start their day right:  http://www.kelloggs.com/en_US/share-breakfast.html.html






No comments:

Post a Comment