Friday, May 3, 2013

#19 Locks of Love

 

I go through a cycle every few years of growing my hair out and then chopping it off. The chop is always inevitable so I decided to use it for one of my Thirty's and donate it to Locks of Love.

I did this once years ago but haven't the last couple of big chops because I didn't think they took dyed hair. Since my hair is an ugly dishwater blonde naturally (yes, I'm naturally a blonde), I lighten it up a bit. When I was researching to see if I could donate, I found out some requirements that I did not know. For example, you CAN donate dyed hair. You CAN donate layered hair but the longest length needs to be at least ten inches. They sell off the shorter pieces to accommodate the pricing of the making of wigs.

Locks of Love takes the donated hair and makes wigs for cancer patients out of it. I think this is really cool so I'm glad I get to participate in this again.  If you would like more information or are interested in donating, check out their website at http://www.locksoflove.org/

My man, Mason, doing his thing

All gone!



Before and After shots.  I donated 13 inches!


Horrible lighting, but that is what was taken off





No comments:

Post a Comment