Wednesday, August 14, 2013

#24 Helping Hearts & Hands 10k

I grew up in a small town in Idaho called Gooding. Since I graduated from high school and moved away over ten years ago, some new things have popped up in this seemingly-crazy-boring town. One being Helping Hands & Hearts. This is a nice organization that collects food, money, clothing and what not to help families in need in Gooding County. I love hearing about organizations like this that help out locally, especially for my hometown. For the last five years they have been holding a Fun Run/Walk that the registration fee goes to this group.

I did the 10k and it was a ridiculously hot experience, but I managed to pull it off and get third place. Woo hoo!

It was also neat to run into old friends, colleagues, coaches, and teachers. One of the pictures is of me talking to my elementary school gym teacher and varsity volleyball coach, and a teacher that I worked with when I student taught in Gooding several years ago. Good times! 

I enjoy running so this is a good way for me to get some exercise and help out a good cause. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment